We seek to help teenagers to know Christ as Savior, grow closer to Him through studying His word, and experience fellowship and accountability with other believers. We have Bible study every Sunday night at 6:30pm-7:30pm (Youth is for grades 7th-12th). On the last Sunday of each month we have a hang out night or fun night when we just get together to play games, or just have a great time of fellowship. We also meet for Sunday School from 10am-10:45am. After that, we worship together with our church family starting at 11:00am.
Our youth also participate in events through out the year.
Upcoming Youth Events:( Participation in Youth Meetings is encouraged!)
Parents and Youth, please read the following rules concerning youth/youth events:
1. All youth, who wish to attend a youth event, must have a form due by the date of the event itself unless other wise noted in the event itself on this page below. PLEASE USE THE YOUTH MINISTRY FORM WHICH IS LOCATED ON THIS WEBSITE. That way, all information will not be missed that the church has to have for insurance reasons. Please make sure every line is filled out on the form.
2. Youth Director uses text (to both Parents and Youth) to remind about events, changes in events, when your youth is on their way back from an event (Youth will most likely text parents about this) or any other important imformation protaining to the Youth group. Please make sure that your Youth Director has your cell numbers.
3. When a fundraiser has to be possible to pay for an event, ALL YOUTH must participate in the fundraiser in order to go on the event. Bible Study, on Sunday nights, is encouraged as well when possible.
4.. If a youth does not have a form, they are not allowed to leave with the Youth Directors or Youth Assistant to head to the event. A parent will be called to pick up their youth or bring a form. If a visitor (a non-member of Memorial Baptist Church or a youth of Memorial that has retired out of youth group ) shows up to an event and they are a friend of our youth or are dating one of our youth, Youth Director, Assisitants, nor the church, will not be held responsible for that visitor.
5. No Youth, will be allowed to drive to the event under any circumstances.
6. While at the event, NO YOUTH, are to leave the event unless it is with the Youth Directors, and Youth Assistant. Also, please be mindful of what messages are being promoted on your Youth's clothing. We, as a church, do not want to promote anything that might give the wrong impression or make others stumble in their walk with the Lord. We are representing Memorial Baptist Church and Christ. Your Youth might be ask to either remove an item, cover it up or turn his clothing inside out. Also, no profanity of anykind on clothing will be tolerated.
7. While your Youth is on an event, they are under the direction and care of the Youth Director, Youth Assistants and any other adult that is helping out. Following their rules is essential.
8. Our church year runs from September to September. So, for example, if a youth graduated High School in June, they are still considered a Youth until September 1st. Then they are no longer youth, but visitors. The
Youth Director,Assistiants, nor the church, will not be held responsible for visitors(non-member of Memorial or retired Youth of Memorial).
9. Please go over these rules with your youth.They are said in Youth Class, but having this to read, will help all to remember. Please, make sure you and your youth read the rules together.
10. If for some reason you have any concerns about anything, please call your Youth Director. She is only a phone call away and will be glad to talk to you with any concerns you may have. If Youth Director does not answer right away, please leave a message on house phone and text her cell and she will be glad to call you back.
11. By following these rules, we all can work together, in Unity, in the body of Christ.
12. Ephesians 4: 2-6: 2Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. 3Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. 4There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called; 5one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.
Youth Cook-Out : August 26th at Youth Director's home from 4pm to 7pm. All youth are invited to join us for a time of fellowship. We will be having hotdogs, hamburger, etc. Drinks will be provided. Also, we will have outdoor games. All youth who will be starting this September 1st are encouraged to attend to meet us and get to know what all we do as a youth group.
Kennedy Home in Kinston( Part of The Baptist Children's Home): September 16th from 8:30am-3:00pm. This will be our Friends of Children Mission Work. We will be collecting electronic items, along with our church members, the following items: Used laser/toner or inkjet cartridges, and old cell phones to help out the Baptist Children Home. The items need to be turned into the church by September 10th. A box for these items will be located in the church building. **Need a Youth Participant Form and A Baptist Children's Home form located on this website before going to this event. *** Event is free and lunch is provided for free as well at the event.
Concert Outing at Temple Baptist Church in New Bern: October 21st at 7pm we will be hearing Tenth Avenue North, Brandon Heath, and Jon McLaughlin. Please have your youth bring money for food and other items. **Need a Youth Partcipant Form in order to go on this event.**
Samaritians Purse (The weekend of Thanksgiving) This is our Mission Work Trip that we will be volunteering for that is located in Charlotte, NC. We will be staying in a hotel over night. Boys will be in one room and girls will be together in a separate room. Please have them pack all their essentials and have them bring extra money. More about this event as we near the date. Thanks!
Youth Events for 2018
MFuge Camp : July 1st -July 5th 2018. (Sunday-Thursday) at Ridgecrest Conference Center in Ridgecrest, NC. More details to come!