We seek to help teenagers to know Christ as Savior, grow closer to Him through studying His word, and experience fellowship and accountability with other believers. We have Bible study every Sunday night at 6:30pm-7:30pm (Youth is for grades 7th-12th). On the last Sunday of each month we have a hang out night or fun night when we just get together to play games, or just have a great time of fellowship. We also meet for Sunday School from 10am-10:45am. After that, we worship together with our church family starting at 11:00am.
Our youth also participate in events through out the year.
Upcoming Youth Events:( Participation in Youth Meetings is encouraged!)
Parents and Youth, please read the following rules concerning youth/youth events:
1. All youth, who wish to attend a youth event, must have a form due by the date of the event itself unless other wise noted in the event itself on this page below. PLEASE USE THE YOUTH MINISTRY FORM WHICH IS LOCATED ON THIS WEBSITE. That way, all information will not be missed that the church has to have for insurance reasons. Please make sure every line is filled out on the form.
2. Youth Director uses text (to both Parents and Youth) to remind about events, changes in events, when your youth is on their way back from an event (Youth will most likely text parents about this) or any other important imformation protaining to the Youth group. Please make sure that your Youth Director has your cell numbers.
3. When a fundraiser has to be possible to pay for an event, ALL YOUTH must participate in the fundraiser in order to go on the event. Bible Study, on Sunday nights, is encouraged as well when possible.
4.. If a youth does not have a form, they are not allowed to leave with the Youth Directors or Youth Assistant to head to the event. A parent will be called to pick up their youth or bring a form. If a visitor (a non-member of Memorial Baptist Church or a youth of Memorial that has retired out of youth group ) shows up to an event and they are a friend of our youth or are dating one of our youth, Youth Director/Assisitants, will not be held responsible for that visitor.
5. No Youth, will be allowed to drive to the event under any circumstances.
6. While at the event, NO YOUTH, are to leave the event unless it is with the Youth Directors, and Youth Assistant. Also, please be mindful of what messages are being promoted on your Youth's clothing. We, as a church, do not want to promote anything that might give the wrong impression or make others stumble in their walk with the Lord. We are representing Memorial Baptist Church and Christ. Your Youth might be ask to either remove an item, cover it up or turn his clothing inside out. Also, no profanity of anykind on clothing will be tolerated.
7. While your Youth is on an event, they are under the direction and care of the Youth Director, Youth Assistants and any other adult that is helping out. Following their rules is essential.
8. Our church year runs from September to September. So, for example, if a youth graduated High School in June, they are still considered a Youth until September 1st. Then they are no longer youth, but visitors. The
Youth Director/Assistiants will not be held responsible for visitors(non-member of Memorial or retired Youth of Memorial).
9. Please go over these rules with your youth.They are said in Youth Class, but having this to read, will help all to remember. At the beginning of our church year September 1st, on September 3rd,2017, Sunday Night, your youth will receive these rules. Please, make sure you and your youth read the rules together. A text will be sent as a reminder of rules sent out. Thses rules will be posted upstairs in Youth Group Room.
10. If for some reason you have any concerns about anything, please call your Youth Director. She is only a phone call away and will be glad to talk to you with any concerns you may have. If Youth Director does not answer right away, please leave a message on house phone and text her cell and she will be glad to call you back.
11. By following these rules, we all can work together, in Unity, in the body of Christ.
12. Ephesians 4: 2-6: 2Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. 3Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. 4There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called; 5one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.
National Day of Prayer: Our Youth, along with our children, will be meeting at the church, May 4th at 4pm, to take some time to pray for our country and our leaders.